Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shovel Pass 2008





For those of you who have not read my stories of Jasper 2007, Shovel Pass Lodge is a bunch of cabins in a valley on a mountain. My boss owns the cabins, and leads riding trips, and pack trips up to the cabins. If you are a hiker, and do not want to carry your big bag with you, we will pack it up, and you only need to bring a day pack. If you want to ride up, you can ride up, and have your stuff packed up. I went last year and had a blast. So I decided that I would go again. The last time I went, I went with a pack trip, there were no riding guests, so we did not get to ride anywhere. This time, we had two riding guests, so we went to Watchtower. It was a pretty amazing ride. On the way back, we dropped of the two riders, as they wanted to do some hiking. Dave ponied Red Eye back, I rode Rocky, Rita (the cook)rode Beaver, and Johnny was loose. It was my job to herd him down the mountain. It was a blast. Dave left to go back to the trailhead after that (to get ready for the staff BBQ), and Eric came up with another rider. On the way back down today, Eric led the ride, and I brought up the rear. It was a lot of fun, but there were a few scary parts. I am going to shower now (have not showered since thursday)

3 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

I am glad you are having such a great summer.

Cherylinn said...

That looks amazing.....I just sat and stared at each picture. I would love one day to go back to the rockies....

Country Girl said...

Yeah, it is so beautiful here