Friday, June 6, 2008

Crazy Day

Wow,  today was crazy.  To start off with, it was 93 degrees celcius with the humidity!!  The sweat was pouring off of us when we were standing still, let alone working.  The barn walls were literally dripping with moisture, and it looked like we hosed down the floors.  The saying "it's not the heat, it's the humidity"  is so true right now.  I can't wait until Alberta where it is dry heat.  In the afternoon, we decided to paint the fence where a few boards had been replaced (this was due to a driver falling asleep at the wheel and going off the road into our fence.)  We were about as far away from the barn, you can get unless you go off property.  We were almost done (3 sunscreen applications and 4 litres of water later (just for me)), and all the horses started running, so we had to go and get them.  (They are show horses and can't run or they could get "hurt")  They were all soaked in sweat and panting, so we had to walk and hose them down.  Then after I finished work, I had to drive home on the 400 which was really slow.  The average speed was between 20 km/hr  and 80km/hr (the speed limit is 100 km/hr)  I also had to come to a stop 4 times.  It was very frustrating, even before I got on the hwy someone almost hit me.  We were at a stop light (at the newmarket ramp to the 400)  and the guy behind me was not paying attention, and had to swerve to miss me (some people should not drive) Now I am at Wasaga, and waiting for my family to finish eating so we can go cool off in the water (I have been looking forward to it all day.  

No comments: