Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Black Bear

This time I did see a bear!  Jamie and I were on the evening ride tonight, and we saw mule deer, elk, coyotes, and a bear.  We were about halfway done, when my horse Rocky pricked his ears up, and stopped, Jamie came up on Chank (Canadian Hank, shortened to Chank).  I managed to get Rocky going, and I was just saying that there had to be something as all the horses were paying attention, and one of the guests said..."there is a bear"  There was a black bear about twenty feet away, on a hill.  It looked like a young one.  It just watched us, and the horses watched it.  I have seen bears before, so it was not that big of a deal for me, but Jamie was excited (she is from Australia).  Then after all that we had seen, we did not get a tip at all!!  And they were from the U.S  (Usually they tip more).  Gas prices are definately affecting tips this year.  

1 comment:

Lauras Garden said...

Nobody has tipped me this year either! Previous years I have received Tim Horton's coupons and homemade pickles.