Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 175

"Yet, what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will give us later." Romans 8:18

I chose this verse because yesterday I heard about a friend that was suffering, and had been suffering for a while. After praying for them, I did my devotions, and they were about a man named Edward Payson. He was a minister in the 1700's. He had Tuberculosis, migraines, partial paralysis due to a fall from a horse, and died young. A month before he died, he wrote a letter about the glory of God, and when earthly pains cease when we all meet again in heaven.

It was not coincidence that this verse and this story of suffering showed up right after I learned of my friend. God is bigger than any earthly problems we may face. God does not exempt us from problems, as Edward Payson's story shows, but He can help us to look past them, and help us to see the Glory that lies ahead.

No comments: