Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 347

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5-6

I really like this verse, not only because it reminds me of a Steve Bell song, but it reminds me of the joy, and the promise that we have in God. If you look up Joy and Happiness in the dictionary, the definitions are almost the same, even using each other as description. But if you search the Bible, Joy is something that is deep down inside, and even when you are sad, or lonely, you have joy because you have the hope that one day all the tears will be gone, and you will be happy. Joy is something we can have all the time, and happiness is fleeting.

I actually have a day off today, so I slept in till a little after 9 (although I woke up around 7:15, went to the bathroom and then stayed in bed till after 9) Now I am eating poached eggs, and I am going to watch some John Wayne movies.

We went to the Giants vs. Cougars hockey game last might. The Giants lost 8-0 It was pretty impressive. There were several good fights, and we had White Spot burgers!

No comments: