Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 349

“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:5-8

I have never really seen these verses, or if I have I have never read them as I did this morning. I read them as we cannot just have one thing to make us a "good Christian" It is not just one characteristic. If we just believe in God, we are still lost. We need to be able to grow as Christians, and that includes hanging out with other Christians, reading the Bible, going to Christian retreats...

I have the morning off work, so I tried to sleep in (the dog I have at the moment is very whiny and wants constant attention(worse than Shasta...Now I am calling the silly Ontario government to try and figure out what is going on.

No comments: