Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 348

"Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me." 2 Corinthians 12:6-7

How many of us have suffered from "a thorn of the flesh"? Paul's was so great that he considered it a messenger of Satan, sent to torment. How many of us have been in that boat? Yet he kept his faith, in fact he never actually mentions what his "thorn" is. How many of us have enough faith to hold on when things get bad, and to not boast under our own strength then things are good?

No comments: